What it is
The Popmoney® personal payment service lets you send, and receive or request money from friends, family or just about anyone with an email address or mobile number**. Popmoney is a part of our online bill pay service and lets you move money from your First National Bank and Trust bank account to theirs safely and securely, with ease. And Popmoney is easy for your friends and family to use at their bank* or at Popmoney.com.
How it Works
- Popmoney works through the online banking and bill pay services, using the same systems and security you rely on today.
- To send money, all you need is the name and email address or mobile telephone number of the recipient**. They will receive a personalized email or text message notification that comes directly from you.
- If their bank or credit union offers Popmoney, they simply access Popmoney through Online Banking. If their bank or credit union does not offer Popmoney, they can pick up the funds just as easily at Popmoney.com***.
- The money will move from your First National Bank and Trust account to theirs—without having to exchange financial account information with each other.
- If you are owed money, you can request it from someone using their email address or mobile number. When you are sent the money owed with Popmoney, the funds will be deposited right into the checking or savings account that you've designated as your primary account.
What you can use it for
Use Popmoney for all sorts of things - here are just a few**
- Give a gift to family and friends
- Collect rent from tenants or roommates
- Send or request money for club dues, your sports team or a group vacation
- Pay your dog walker or lawn care service
- Send money to your child at college
- Pay back friends for a fun outing, like a dinner or concert
Frequently Asked Questions