Taking the first step toward retirement planning and investment can be easy. But building a strong portfolio of investments is not. First National Investment Services will take the reins and help evaluate your entire financial portfolio, including retirement plans, investment accounts, insurance needs, and much more. We can help identify the best investments for retirement for your specific financial situation and help with IRAs and 401k Rollovers. Whether you are just entering the work force, changing jobs, or looking to retire, we can help you navigate the options and the choices that are ahead.
Comprehensive Investment Services & Retirement Planning
We believe in a customer-driven process. We’ll begin by simply listening to your financial goals and plans. Next, we’ll create a plan based on your risk tolerance, investment time horizon, income needs and tax consequences. Finally, the plan is implemented and managed. Whatever your desired level of involvement is in the process – you’re at the center.
Establish Core Values and Financial Goals
Encourage client to express concerns, hopes and goals. Help client restate goals that are not specific and quantifiable. Prioritize competing goals.
Gather Financial Information
Gather all relevant client information, both objective and subjective, through counseling and examination of documents.
Analyze Information and Create Financial Plan
Identify the strengths and weaknesses in the client’s present financial condition as they affect the ability to achieve the client’s goals. Revise goals if necessary.
Present Financial Plan and Advise on Investment and Tax Strategies*
Design a set of recommended strategies tailored to the client’s circumstances and goals, including alternative ways of achieving those goals. Draw on outside experts as needed. Obtain client approval.
Implement Financial Planning Strategies
Motivate and help the client in acquiring all the necessary financial products and services to put the plan into action. Draw on outside experts as needed.
Evaluate the performance of all implementation vehicles. Review changes in the client’s circumstances and the financial environment on an ongoing basis.
Monitoring Your Retirement Plans and Financial Investments
We like to meet periodically to evaluate how life changes can affect your retirement planning and investment strategy. Your financial portfolio is actively managed all the time and we’ll revisit your plan regularly to make sure it makes sense next month, next year and beyond.
How We Can Help With Your Financial Plans
Assessing Your Current Financial Situation
- Tracking income and expenses
- Evaluating net worth
- Completing a financial inventory
- Developing a “snapshot” of today
Investing for Major Expenses
- Educating children
- Buying a house or car
- Developing a cash reserve
- Estimating retirement income and age
- Estimating the value of government programs
- Assessing current retirement assets
- Determining how to take distributions
- Spending assets, passing them to heirs, and charitable giving
- Developing a plan to eliminate any gaps
Protecting Against Financial Crisis
- Protecting your children’s education if you die—life protection
- Protecting your income if you become disabled—disability income
- Business continuation planning—i.e., buy-sell agreements
- Addressing health care concerns, including nursing home expenses and long-term care options
- Based on your time horizon and risk tolerance, what is the most appropriate asset mix of equities, bonds, and cash?
- 92 percent of a portfolio’s return is based on the portfolio’s asset class mix—not market timing
- Reviewing tax-advantaged investment options
- Evaluating net worth
- Considering state or federal taxes, i.e., tax efficient mutual funds, muni bonds
- Developing a tax deferral strategy, i.e., annuities, life insurance, IRAs
- Reviewing tax strategies for distributions from qualified plans
Preserving Wealth/Estate Planning*
*For a comprehensive review of your personal situation, always consult with a tax or legal Advisor. Neither Cetera Investment Services, nor any of its representatives may give legal or tax advice.
- Minimizing excess estate taxes
- Helping plan for federal, state and inheritance taxes
- Funding the transfer of your family business
- Helping protect your legacy
We serve a broad spectrum of clients.
They include individuals & families, business owners & professionals. Whether you are new to investing (accumulating), ready for a new job or new direction (preserving), or are close to retirement and want to make sure your money will last (transferring), we offer strategic advice for all of your wealth management needs. Our clients are down-to-earth, hard-working individuals who lead full and busy lives. Some are younger, some are older, but all of our clients have the same goals in mind - establishing a solid financial base.
Sound like you?
You’ve worked hard to create a quality of life you can enjoy for many years to come. We’re glad you’re getting started and we’re really glad you’re doing it here with us.
Check the background of our investment professionals on FINRA's BrokerCheck.
Securities and insurance products are offered through Cetera Investment Services LLC (doing insurance business in CA as CFG STC Insurance Agency LLC), member FINRA/SIPC. Advisory services are offered through Cetera Investment Advisers LLC. Neither firm is affiliated with the financial institution where investment services are offered. Investments are:
• Not FDIC/NCUSIF insured
• May lose value
• Not financial institution guaranteed
• Not a deposit
• Not insured by any federal government agency
This site is published for residents of the United States only. Registered Representatives of Cetera Investment Services LLC may only conduct business with residents of the states and/or jurisdictions in which they are properly registered. Not all of the products and services referenced on this site may be available in every state and through every advisor listed. For additional information please contact the advisor(s) listed on the site, visit the Cetera Investment Services LLC site at www.ceterainvestmentservices.com Located at: 345 East Grand Ave, Beloit, WI 53512 800-667-4401