For business clients that utilize ACH or Wire services through First National Bank and Trust’s business online banking system, a digital token is used for additional security. The digital token, known as Symantec VIP, provides an extra layer of security by validating the user’s identity using a security code from a mobile or desktop app.
Current Hard Token / Security Fob Users:
- After September 25, 2020, please dispose of your current hard token / security fob as it will no longer be needed with our upgraded system. You may throw your token away or drop it off at a First National Bank and Trust location near you.
- Tokens will no longer be required at initial login, only when initiating or approving an ACH or Wire transaction.
- Remote Deposit Capture customers will no longer use a token when accessing the new remote deposit capture system.
Initial Download of Symantec VIP Digital Token
- Select your download option:
- VIP Access for Mobile - iOS devices
- VIP Access for Mobile – Android devices
- VIP Access for Computer – MAC
- VIP Access for Computer – Windows
Downloading the Symantec VIP Access token to your computer may require administrator login credentials to your workstation. If you do not have administrator credentials, you will need to have your IT team login with administrator credentials to complete the download.
Downloading the VIP Access App to your mobile device will not require Administrator credentials. If your IT team is unavailable, downloading the Symantec VIP Access Mobile app from the App Store or Google Play would be an easy and convenient option for you. The app looks like the icon shown below.
First-time Registration of Symantec VIP Digital Token
- Once you’ve successfully downloaded the Symantec VIP Access digital token to your computer or mobile device, log in to Business Online Banking at www.bankatfirstnational.com or through the FNBT Business Mobile Banking app.
- The first-time you initiate an ACH or Wire transaction, you will be prompted to Register your Symantec token.
- Each Symantec token has a unique credential ID that is used to register the token to the online banking account. Enter the Credential ID from your token into the Registration screen in Business Online Banking. Symantec mobile app pictured on left below. Symantec desktop app pictured on right below.
- After entering the Credential ID associated with your token, you will then need to enter two subsequent Security Codes generated by the token.
- Clicking Submit will register the token to your First National Bank and Trust Business Online Banking account.
- You will be taken to the next Security Code screen. Wait for your token to generate a third Security Code and enter it here. This will complete your transaction.
- Registering your token is a one-time process. Once the first-time registration is complete, the next time you initiate or approve an ACH or Wire transaction, you will only be prompted to enter one Security Code to complete the transaction.
Standard Usage of Symantec VIP Digital Token
- Log in to Business Online Banking at www.bankatfirstnational.com or using the FNBT Business Mobile Banking app.
- When initiating or approving an ACH or Wire transaction, you will be prompted to enter the Security Code from your Symantec digital token.
- Open your Symantec VIP Access digital token on your computer or phone and enter the Security Code that appears into the Security Code field within Business Online Banking.
- Once the code is successfully entered into Business Online Banking, the transaction will be successfully initiated or approved.
Multiple Digital Tokens for Same User
Digital tokens may be setup on a computer and mobile phone for the same business online banking user. The first device may be self-registered by you within our Business Online Banking system. If you would like to add a second device, please call 1-888-255-2114 and we can set it up for you. This would allow you to have a token on your computer desktop and mobile device for convenient access to payment initiation and approvals anytime, anywhere.
Disposal of Current Hard Tokens / Security Fob
After September 25, 2020, please dispose of your current hard token / security fob as it will no longer be needed with our upgraded system. You may throw your token away or drop it off at a First National Bank and Trust location near you.
Additional resources to prepare for FNBT's Core & Digital System Upgrade: