Stimulus Checks Coming Soon
The federal government is expected to send a third round of economic impact payments to eligible individuals in the coming weeks. You may see direct deposit payments as pending or as a provisional payment in your account before the scheduled payment date of March 17, 2021, which is the official date funds are available as per the IRS.
If you have your tax returns direct deposited into your checking account we will receive your payment electronically, however, at the current time we have not received the electronic ACH file or a firm date for receipt. We will update this information when we know.
First National Bank and Trust (FNBT) is taking proactive steps to respond to the needs of our customer family directly affected by the pandemic, and we stand ready to help our customers get access to the government’s Economic Impact Payments quickly, securely and safely. A few things to keep in mind:
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is responsible for the timing, amount and distribution of these payments, and has stated that payments will be sent in the coming weeks.
- The IRS will distribute payments using the information that the IRS has on file for each eligible individual or family.
- For most of the recipients, payments will be deposited directly into the same bank account that they have most recently used to receive a tax refund or monthly Social Security payment.
- Others will receive paper checks or prepaid cards in the mail, at the address that the IRS has on file for that individual.
- Banks, including First National Bank and Trust, cannot provide personal account or address information to the IRS.
- Direct deposits are posted for open accounts on the effective date set by the Treasury.
- The best way to track the status of your stimulus check is to visit the “Get My Payment” tool on the IRS website: www.IRS.gov.