Health Savings Account (HSA)
No matter how many times you wash your hands, you'll probably get sick sometime. Germs are just too tiny to avoid. But if you can't escape illness, you can at least be financially prepared.
An HSA is a tax-advantaged account designed to help you save for healthcare and medical expenses. Make deposits and earn interest tax free until you need it. You can withdraw funds to pay for doctor bills, prescription costs, and other approved expenses. Start saving now so when you start to feel that tickle in your throat, you're ready.
- Save for future medical expenses
- Qualified High deductible health plan (HDHP) required
- Contributions and interest are tax free
- Distributions are tax free when used for qualified medical expenses
- Easy access to balance via free checks or HSA debit card
- Owned by the individual, not the employer
- Balance rolls over each year
- No "use it or lose it" rule
- Free online banking with bill pay
- Free mobile banking
- Free E-Statements
- 1 Time Set-up Fee
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.
- Contribution Options
Although this is an individual account that moves with you from career to career, your employer may choose to make contributions as an added benefit to you.
Yearly contributions are limited to the high-deductible health plan's annual deductible. Individuals age 55 to 64 can make additional yearly contributions to help save for the future. Contact us for more information.