Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
Surprises may be good for anniversaries and birthdays, but when it comes to investing your hard earned cash, most people want something a little more...predictable.
A CD from First National Bank and Trust comes with federal insurance and a fixed rate so there is no guesswork. You pick the term, we lock in the rate, and when the certificate matures, you'll have your initial investment plus a healthy return! It's a great option if you are seeking a low-risk account to add to your portfolio.
- Favorable rates and terms
- 3-month to 5-year maturities
- Full insurance even over FDIC limit with CDARS®
- Interest may be transferred to any FNBT checking or savings account
- Convenient automatic renewal
- Deposits and withdrawals may be made during the 10 calendar days following maturity
- Penalty will be imposed for early withdrawal
- $1,000 minimum balance to open account
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.
Get insurance even above the FDIC limit with the Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service (CDARS®). Through this network, we can invest your funds in multiple CDs at other participating institutions. That way, you get CD-level returns while staying under the $250,000 limit. Best of all, we handle all the paperwork so you only have one account to maintain!
- Insurance over FDIC limit
- One relationship for multiple accounts
- Wide range of terms available
- Consolidated statements
- Penalty for early withdrawal