Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
Surprises may be good for anniversaries and birthdays, but when it comes to investing your hard earned cash, most people want something a little more...predictable.
A CD from First National Bank and Trust comes with federal insurance and a fixed rate so there is no guesswork. You pick the term, we lock in the rate, and when the certificate matures, you'll have your initial investment plus a healthy return! It's a great option if you are seeking a low-risk account to add to your portfolio.
- Favorable rates and terms
- 3-month to 5-year maturities
- Full insurance even over FDIC limit with CDARS®
- Interest may be transferred to any FNBT checking or savings account
- Convenient automatic renewal
- Deposits and withdrawals may be made during the 10 calendar days following maturity
- Penalty will be imposed for early withdrawal
- $1,000 minimum balance to open account
Get insurance even above the FDIC limit with the Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service (CDARS®). Through this network, we can invest your funds in multiple CDs at other participating institutions. That way, you get CD-level returns while staying under the $250,000 limit. Best of all, we handle all the paperwork so you only have one account to maintain!
- Insurance over FDIC limit
- One relationship for multiple accounts
- Wide range of terms available
- Consolidated statements
- Penalty for early withdrawal